Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

Chair suspension

More
14 years 6 months ago #425 by drewer
Replied by drewer on topic Re:Chair suspension
Haha It was pretty cool if you like to boost your confidence. Haha I hope that happens to none of us. and no problem for posting the link

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #458 by drewer
Right now I am working my way up to 100 points so I can purchase the ebook. I am also saving up to buy the actual chair suspension. I am hoping the ebook will make up my mind if it will be worth it to purchase the actual chair suspension.

More
14 years 6 months ago #466 by drewer
drewer wrote:

Right now I am working my way up to 100 points so I can purchase the ebook. I am also saving up to buy the actual chair suspension. I am hoping the ebook will make up my mind if it will be worth it to purchase the actual chair suspension.

Well with this post I will have 100 points and will be able to buy the ebook. I can\'t wait. I hope to tell you all how it is.

More
14 years 6 months ago #473 by drewer
Alright, I have bought the book and read it. Personally, to me, it wasn\'t the best book I have read. It certainly did teach me important things to remember while performing, but it\'s nothing special. I you are interested in performing the chair suspension it may be helpful but it\'s not necessary. If you all have any more questions, just ask. Thanks, Drew

More
14 years 3 months ago #618 by Appelsmagic
Replied by Appelsmagic on topic Re:Chair suspension
I am sorry that you feel that way about Kyle\'s book. I will try to say this as gently as possible.

After you get your chair suspension, and have tried to do it a few times, REREAD Kyle\'s book. He puts so much into all of the little things that MOST MISS altogether. The little subtleties that take it from just being a trick that soooo many do WRONG and take it to becoming a real small GRAND ILLUSION.

This is what experience will teach you that NO BOOK can.
When that little volunteer makes your chairs tilt, when they (Heaven forbid) fall off, as the other kids are trying to crawl under to see, When ALL of this and more has happened and you are wondering WHY, reread the book. And if all else fails, reach out to Kyle. He is a great guy and always stands ready to help other performers. You can reach him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Oh and by the way. That was Ed doing this in front of a room full of brother magficians. It was done as a joke.
I don\'t think he thought it would end up on youtube.

More
14 years 3 months ago #619 by mattr
Replied by mattr on topic Re:Chair suspension
Appelsmagic thanks for the comments. My guess is that Drewer doesn\'t own or has used a chair suspension and was thinking of adding it at a later date. Some of the points of the book may be lost unless you have experienced working with this prop. This is not an easy illusion to master and using a volunteer is always a wild card so I think the insights are really beneficial.

Magicgizmo.com administrator

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds