MagicGizmo

Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

Magic on the Cheap - Secrets the Magic Shops Don\'t

More
14 years 2 months ago #671 by Appelsmagic
Since this is listed on the magic secrets page, but I do\'t see it here, I thought I might start this theme off. If it does exists elswhere, I\'m sure it will be moved then I can find that thread.

The best clear balloons I have found for needle thru, have been found at the \"Party Fair\" chain of stores. What you want is the CHEAPEST balloons that are made. You WANT the thick nipple at the end. The better quality balloons have a very thin nipple area and therefor POP easier. :blink:

Best writing tool for up from the ashes, don\'t go spending 10-20 dollars at ellusionest or any other magic shop. Go instead to Walgrens or Walmart and buy glycerin suppositories. :woohoo:
A few dollars gets you more than you would need for years.

Your turn. What can YOU share with us?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #672 by Pier
Very nice idea for this topic, Eric! ;-)
Though I don\'t have real hints on some cheap substitutes for commercial items that work well anyway, I modified sometimes some cheap props and made them work great... for me!
I think I\'ll post soon some photos on this subject, just to trade experiences with You and other guys that like to share similar stuff (not to mention the classic \"a picture worth 10.000 words...\").
Thanks for the idea, btw

More
14 years 2 months ago #680 by Appelsmagic
Here are some more;

Slush powder that you pay big bucks for at a magic store is just sodium polyacrilate and can be picked up at a chemical or science stor for pennies by comparison

If you go to Walmart or AC Moore or any craft store and check out the scrapbooking section, you will find a corner punch for making short cornered cards for just a few dollars.($15 and up at the magic shops)

If you also check out the rubber stamps, buy a pair of lips.
Also pick up a WIDE or BROAD tipped Sharpie (RED) Now you use the sharpie to coat the rubber stamp, and you can stamp 3 or 4 cards at a time for any card effect where you make a \"Kiss\" appear.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds