Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

Table Trunk

More
15 years 4 months ago #118 by DrewManning
Table Trunk was created by DrewManning
I am looking for sources of information or ideas on how to make a trunk to store my props that can also serve as a perfroming table.

Years ago my father did a very rudimentry one for me by taking a trunk he found at wal mart and installing a few dividers that served as shelves and modifed the hinges so that the lid would pop off and serve as a table top when needed.

It was quite a nice idea, but I think I want something a little more professional looking that would include some goodies like BA well and maybe a servante or other utility devices.

My goal is to be able to take my trunk where ever I need to be, open it, do a show and pack up and go.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #119 by matt
Replied by matt on topic Re:Table Trunk
The Best Book I have found for this is The New Make-Up of Magic by Micky Hades. I believe it is still in print and available for around $20. It has a bunch of fold-able tables with storage.

There\'s an article also here on the book, which is a must have for the magic builder anyway. Here\'s the article link:

More
15 years 4 months ago #120 by DrewManning
Replied by DrewManning on topic Re:Table Trunk
Thanks, Matt!

I saw the article you mention. I need more space on my book shelf. Guess it\'s time to get rid of the business texts and other professional resources in favor of stuff that\'s much more fun LOL.

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #155 by JimRoberts
Replied by JimRoberts on topic Re:Table Trunk
I used to use this. I took the insert tray that came with the trunk and felted it around the outside, stood the trunk on its end open and about a 90 degree angle and set the tray open side down on top.
I suggest getting familiar with your performance surface, though. Because you have the tray perched on an asymmetrical stand, if you put pressure on the wrong spot you will be posting the results in a "Looking back it's funny" board in some forum in the future.
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by JimRoberts.

More
14 years 11 months ago #207 by ssmagic
Replied by ssmagic on topic Re:Table Trunk
You want to take a look at these free plans:

magicgizmo.com/home/Magic-Workshop/works...e-free-download.html

More
14 years 10 months ago #225 by wendell
Replied by wendell on topic Re:Table Trunk
i.m looking for trick table plans for the appearance of a bowl of goldfish i saw this in a 1946 geni magazine i had but no longer have it. i can remember parts of how it was made, the effect is you throw a foulard over the empty table and seconds later a large bowl of goldfish appears not done like holding the bowl between your knees like on the prestige. is there a website i can download production table plans for free. thanks brian.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds