Fiber Optics - Richard Sanders reviewed

More
12 years 3 months ago #1122 by jkroll
Fiber Optics – Richard Sanders

Cost £25

Available www.melinswakefield.co.uk amongst others

Difficulty 3
(1=easy to do, 2=No sleights, but not so easy, 3=Some sleights used,
4=Advanced sleights used, 5=Suitable for experienced magicians only)

What it says

Never cut your rope again! Dust off your ropes and enter into the future with Richard Sanders eye popping, mind crunching multi-phase rope routine. Learn the amazing NEW super visual moves that amazed magicians during Richards lectures at FISM 2003. Fiber Optics is a 16 phase rope routine packed with NEW super visual moves designed to thoroughly amaze!

What I say

Phewww! What can I say after that. One word WOW. Now I’ve never been that interested in rope magic , I think up until I bought this the only rope trick I had was the professors nightmare when I was about 12. I actually bought Richards rope specifically made to the lengths to pull this routine off. These are also available for round about £15. But he does explain on this dvd how to make your own if you were to just buy some rope separate, But CUPS took over and I couldn’t resist. Now funny enough this routine actually starts off like professors nightmare. There are so many ways that you can perform Fiber Optics, you could perform it as a comedy routine which Richard does on the dvd, you could if you wished perform it silent or if you prefer to music. On this dvd a full routine is taught using all 3 ropes and a additional routine with just 1. What I liked about this dvd is how you don’t need to follow the routine as described. You can mix and match the various moves described to make your own routine. It can be as long or as short as you want it to be. The possibilities are limited only by your own imagination. I was at the pure magic bar in Manchester afew months ago and saw a magician there perform this literally 3 vfeet away from me. One of the moves he did was called “Super Slide” I was stood right next to him and it still fooled me. Other moves include “Finger Cut”, “Midair Morph” & “Middle Melt” plus so many more. Your routine could go something like this, Have 3 separate pieces of rope examined 1 long 1 medium and 1 short. You then proceed to stretch all 3 pieces to the same length. Count the 3 pieces of rope and discard one. All of a sudden the two pieces fuse into 1 long piece, then cut (Finger Cut) it back into two pieces. I don’t want to spoil it all but basically you can pull the ends off and restore, remove the middle and restore, and remove the ends all together leaving you with a continuous loop of rope. There are so many moves you can do. This can be an opener, a finale or just an any time piece of magic.

Overall 10/10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds