MagicGizmo

Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

I've Seen that one before....

More
14 years 3 months ago #622 by Appelsmagic
Let\'s face it, you hear \"I know that trick\" even when you bring out a deck of cards or a piece of rope. Youngsters always try to look \"Cool\" and \"In the know\" with their friends. Sometimes they just mean that they recognize what you are holding, NOT necessarily that they know how it\'s done.

Besides, mattr is absolutely right in saying that we should redo or change our props to make them look different. You should do this with all of your effects. MAKE THEM YOURS. Get rid of all the Chinese charicters, red with gold trim, etc. etc. UPDATE!

For the \"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince\" release party at Barnes and noble, I was doing magic thoughout the night, and I took the old Voodoo effect and redid it using the bookcovers from all (at that time) six books. Scripted a story about spells and blew everyone away.

I showed it to a very knowledgable magician friend of mine who asked me how I did it. I looked at him with some confussion as I KNOW he knew the method. HE JUST DIDN\'T RECOGNIZE IT IN A NEW WRAPPER. When I told him to think HOT ROD, he got mad at me. TEE HEE!

Use some imagination, and like I said before, MAKE IT YOUR OWN.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #1243 by jnrussell23
When kids say \"I\'ve seen that before\", you can start to put it away and say, \"Oh, I\'m sorry, never mind then\", and pretend to move on to something else. Most kids will beg you off.

You can get the same reaction when you pull out a trick and someone says, \"oh, I got that in my magic set\". I incorporate him/her into the trick in some way.

I wholeheartedly agree with what\'s been said previously. My repertoire is heavy on fresh takes on classic magic. That way, even adults (and magicians!) enjoy the show!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds