MagicGizmo

Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

I Disappeared at Copperfield Show in Las Vegas

More
13 years 9 months ago #949 by mattr
I just completed a rather lengthy trip around the US which concluded with a stop in Las Vegas. I saw the David Copperfield show at the MGM Grand in the Hollywood Showroom.

It was a intimate theater with table seating and all seats have a great view of the action. I actually made it on stage 2 times, the first time by catching frisbee to witness a pretty amazing prediction trick in which randomly selected peoples lottery numbers appear on stamped license plates inside a sealed box hanging above the stage since the beginning of the show. I remained on stage holding a rope around an illusion where a full sized car appeared on stage right under my nose.

The show concluded with an illusion where 16 audience members were selected by bouncing balls throughout the audience. I got one of the balls and proceeded on stage. I believe 8 were selected as witnesses and 8 to go into the giant box on stage. I was one inside the box and front and center. We later vanished inside the box and reappeared in the back of the audience.

It was quite an experience to be part of which involved meeting David Copperfield and receiving an autographed picture. The only bummer part is that you don\'t really see the illusion but they show you a video after of another performance of how it looked from the audiences perspective. I was excited to be part of it all and walked out of the show with a very special memory of this great show.

Magicgizmo.com administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #954 by Pier
Hey Matt,
welcome back; it seems that you had a great time over there!
Now you can say you\'re part of... the magic history, in a way! :laugh:

In regards of the illusion where you -- and other people -- disappeared; was it a surprise even for you or was the \"how-to\" evident to the ones inside the box?
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Pier.

More
13 years 9 months ago #957 by james graham
Hey Matt, did you get any contact info for Copperfield? I have a cool idea for a \"weather and elements control\" and \"metamorphosis\" trick in a giant plexi dome that I\'d love to send his way.

If you dont have contact info for him, do you have any way to contact his apparatus builder?

More
13 years 8 months ago #959 by mattr
Pier wrote:

Hey Matt,
In regards of the illusion where you -- and other people -- disappeared; was it a surprise even for you or was the \"how-to\" evident to the ones inside the box?

Only partially. I must say everything happened quite quickly and you really don\'t get to see it from an audience perspective, but it was quite an experience and meeting briefly with Copperfield was fun as well.

More
13 years 8 months ago #960 by mattr
james graham wrote:

Hey Matt, did you get any contact info for Copperfield? I have a cool idea for a \"weather and elements control\" and \"metamorphosis\" trick in a giant plexi dome that I\'d love to send his way.

If you dont have contact info for him, do you have any way to contact his apparatus builder?

Sorry me and Dave aren\'t that familar after our brief encounter. My only suggestion would be to contact Johnny Gaughen in LA, I think he is listed in the book.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds