MagicGizmo

Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

What\'s New in Kid\'s Magic

More
14 years 2 months ago #649 by mr.magic
Does anyone have any recommendations for new tricks (that have come out recently) for a kid\'s show audience. Maybe something that most audiences haven\'t seen yet. I am open to new ideas, please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #654 by Appelsmagic
I am a firm believer that what is old is new. Look at what everyone in your area is doing and do something else. Read the old mags and books. Use your imagination and what is popular with kids today (Wonder pets, Backyardigans, Dora, etc) and rework and update.

Personnally, besides fun and laughter, I try to bring a little patriotism, a little morals (Always pick up atfer yourself, it helps Mom.)and I always try to get the adults involved and enjoying the fun as well.

If you have money to burn, Chance Wolf has some beautiful props available, but they are not inexpensive. Axtell has a few items, again, it depends on what is YOU.

More
14 years 2 months ago #658 by mattr
I don\'t know if this trick is really new or not but it\'s called Obedient Balloons. 4 Balloons are on a stand and they fly off one at a time under the magicians control. Great opportunities for comedy. Have the kids say one of the colors (or numbers if you prefer). As the magician pretends to be focused on something else the balloon flies away and then looks confused as the balloon is now gone. Lots of comedy potential. Once bit involves, \"You see I made it vanish.\" Of course the kids object.

Magicgizmo.com administrator

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds