MagicGizmo

Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

What are the best tricks for kid\'s shows?

More
15 years 10 months ago #5 by Joe
I am just starting out and would like to get an idea of some of the best tricks to buy or learn to develop a short 30 minute kid\'s show program.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #16 by mattr
There are a number of tried and true tricks for kid\'s show magic, although it is really the routine that is most important (the trick combined with the story and bits of humor etc.) For some ideas, you may wish to check out some of the following videos:

magicgizmo.com/home/index.php?option=com...et&Itemid=83&catid=6

Magicgizmo.com administrator

More
15 years 6 months ago #85 by falloutboy101
Some great tricks for children\'s show include:

Forgetful Freddy
Run Rabbit Run
Coloring Book
Hold it Buster
Confusing Crayons
Dove Pan
Card Duck
Hippity Hop Rabbits
Copy Cats

These are a few of the tricks that I have found work best with children

More
15 years 4 months ago #125 by McNee
If I was you I would start by rading \"Seriously Silly\" by David Kaye. I have read numerous magic books about kid shows and it is by far the best at giving ideas of routines and the pyscology behind kid show thinking.

Mike

More
15 years 3 months ago #133 by feifei
Definately check out Silly Billy's and Barry Mitchell's website. They have great books and dvds on kids magic.

Go thru an online magic shops site and browse their kids magic section.

Some great effects would be like:
Pompom sticks, or chinese sticks, silver scepter, a short misers dream, heavy light chest with a good story (check out Barry Mitchell's dvd), maybe silk to egg, bake a cake out of a dove pan, water into newspaper.

Check out one of Dan Harlan's DVD on Kids show, lots of good tricks and tips, most of the stuffs he use can be homemade.

More
15 years 3 months ago #139 by Ritardough
Hello, the BEST Effects for 'Little Peoples' SHOWS are: CLASSICS of MAGIC !! The Clatterbox, Lots of Colorful Silk Effects, Silk Serenade, the Sucker Die Box, Mis-made CLOWN Silks, Hippity-Hop Rabbits, The Magic Coloring Book, Stage Size Chinese Bamboo Sticks, Hat & Pants Tears, use the 'Squared-Circle' to Check their 'Head' shape. Cut & Restored Rope that the 'Birthday Child' helps with the effect. Spring Animal, Skunk or Raccoon depending on your Costume. Whichever shows UP BEST. Call silks their wrong color, then change them to the right color in front of the audience, you are a magician & you can DO that. Make everything, funny, silly, stupid at first, and make your magic ENTERTAINING to EVERYONE !! It gives the Adult that hired YOU a 'BREAK' along with the 'Little People' !!
YOU HAVE GOT TO HAVE FUN along with the AUDIENCE, IF you do, THEY WILL HAVE FUN !! If you work as a 'Circus Clown' be Colorfully Dressed but NOT too much of ONE COLOR, also IF you WEAR LOTS of YELLOW, WATCH OUT FOR THE 'BEES,' because THAT is THEIR 'HONING-IN' color of Flowers. ENOUGH FOR NOW, "BLiNKY" the MagiClown, Cartersville, GA.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds