MagicGizmo

Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

Join Your Local Magic Club / Association

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #262 by rgullion
For those of you who are sincerely interested in magic, from amateur to professional, part-time to full-time performers, hobbyists, or collectors, joining your local magic club or association is a great way to network with other magicians, both the hobbyist and the professional. It's a lot of fun!

Sometimes, depending on the group, you may need to become a member of the national club / association to be able to join the local chapter(s).

Here are a couple of National / International groups you can join:

The Society of American Magicians (S.A.M.): www.magicsam.com/

The International Brotherhood of Magicians (I.B.M.):
www.magician.org/

International Magicians Society: imsmagic.com
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by rgullion. Reason: logo too big

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #324 by drewer
Hello, I am looking into joining the I.B.M. What exactly happens at the meetings? Thanks, Drew

More
14 years 2 months ago #621 by Appelsmagic
Drew,
Each local \"Ring\" is different depending on those who run it. A Ring is your local chapter (In the SAM they are called Assemblies) and depending on how many members there are and the area, they can have Pros, hobbiests, collectors or even those who just have an interest, but do not perform.

Some have evolved to become just lecture clubs, solme just have a lecture once or twice a year and the rest of the time they work with each other to become better performers.
They have theme nights, where the tricks performed follow a certian theme.

Some have youth programs to help further the art towards the \"Next\" generation, otherwise as the members get older and start dieing off, so goes the ring.

Many are active within their community and help raise funds for certian charities, perform and bring some joy into local hospitals.

Some are great fun and a place to learn and share, but there are also some that are the pits, with clicks and snobbery. MOST however are worth the time to help your magic abilities grow.

You don\'t say where you are from, so I cannot help guide you, but some research should get you to your local Ring or Assembly or both. Remember, if the club is not to your liking, you can do three things. Give up on clubs...BAD choice. Find another maybe slightly further away.. OR run for office and help it to become a better club that reaches out to it\'s members and gets them involved. (BEST ANSWER)

If I can be of any help, feel free to reach out.

Yours in Magic,
ERIC

More
14 years 2 months ago #650 by Dale
I emailed my IBM but got no reply. It does seem that the webpage they have is very old though. I might try again soon to see if I can find them. Might have to ask in the magic shop in town to see what he knows...

More
14 years 2 months ago #678 by Appelsmagic
Dale,
What area do you live in and what Ring are you trying to contact?

Have you gone to the National website and looked up the rings close to you?

Have you reached out to the TVP?

PM me and maybe I can get things going for you.

ERIC

More
14 years 2 months ago #679 by Dale
Hi Eric,

I am in Sydney Australia. :)

I\'m gonna try them again soon. Work has been a priority lately.

Cheers

Dale

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds