Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

Dark designs for childrens shows !!

More
12 years 1 month ago #1164 by sdrury
Hi all,

I just wanted to get some feedback on my recently updated childrensmagicparties.com website.

I go against the grain when it comes to kids entertainment as I believe that clowns should stay in the circus! I perform magic for children as well as adults because I love classic magic - I also love the more psychological side and even will present elements of this when appropriate for older kids - hence the dark design (I believe a website should be true to your preferred performance style)

Any feedback on this site appreciated.

Cheers, Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #1166 by mattr
Hi Steve-

Nice website. I like the dark color and the colorful graphic as some pizazz as well. A couple of suggestions:

- I would put a link to a video of one of your performances front and center. If it is there, maybe I missed it. Clearly, what you are proposing as children\'s entertainer if different than what most are offering so a video would be key to show a sample of your style.

- The main title \"Children\'s Magic Parties\" is a bit generic. I think it is ok as a URL, but the main title it seems to plain. Maybe \"Mystical Children\'s Magic Parties by Steve Drury\" would be better.

- The left side navigation may be a bit overwhelming. I would suggesting hiding some of this detail in lower pages. For example, you could have a party tips link which then lists all the orange links. Same for the different workshops.

- I always suggest a prominent \"Book Now\" link which gives your contact info and also a web form which allows then to put in all the dates etc. and send to you

I hope this helps, but just my opinion...thanks, Matt

Magicgizmo.com administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds