MagicGizmo

Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

TIP for 'Little Peoples' Birthday Parties

More
15 years 3 months ago #140 by Ritardough
ALWAYS BE AT LEAST THIRTY MINUTES ~ EARLY, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LATE. I ASK THEM FOR THE BEST DIRECTIONS TO GET TO THEIR HOME or WHERE EVER THE PARTY WILL BE LOCATED !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #159 by ssmagic
Good tip, I'd also suggest making sure there is a place to set-up in semi-private if at all possible. Makes it easier when the little ones are not trying to pry your case open.

More
15 years 3 months ago #161 by Ritardough
HELLO 'Little People's' ENTERTAINERS,B)
I have been Entertaining them for as LOoong as I can remember, I have even done as many as 'five' parties a day. But they have to be faily 'local' areas.,close together geographically.,less expenses.
I do mainly the 'Classics' of MAGIC. 'Cut & Restored'
jump rope. With 'shoe'tie' bow-knot that 'desolves' & use the 'knot' off of the C&R effect. Then, make the rope have from 1-5 knots, immediately,(is in any good rope book.) Hat & Pants Tears by Ickle-Pickle. Use the birthday child for the 'Hat' & their best friend for the 'Pants.' :silly:
"Picture'Moments=LOTS" Use the Birthday Child in ALL of the Participation EFFECTS. The 'Dots-Can' to Silks.
'Run Rabbit Run,' or the Sucker Die Box, with 'caught-me-door.' The 'Clatterbox' Vanish a silk from a lunch-size bag, via 'tip,' it reappears inside the 'Clatterbox,' they LOVE it ! But, be shure to tell the 'helper' that it is ALL in PHUN !! ENOUGH FOR NOW !!:woohoo:

More
15 years 3 months ago #162 by Ritardough
To CARRY YOUR PROPS INSIDE, B) I use 'Brookstones'BAGS. THEY, 'Look like Shopping Bags,' that are made of CANVAS & VERY STURDY & WASHABLE, I use three of them. One for 'props' set-up, already, one for the PA System, Wireless, & Cassette-Tape Player for Games, & One for Balloon-animals.,.etc. Plus my table, with 'well.' & small folding stool to set the 'props' bag onto slightly behind the table, for easy access. INSIDE each bag, I place a 'Black' garbage bag.,(it serves two purposes), keep the 'prying-eyes' OUT & in case of 'rain' you can Cover the 'bags' with the bag & still hold onto the handles. :silly: BRING the table, folding stool, & balloon bag in first.,then the OTHER TWO. Take out in Reverse ORDER, keeps the 'props' BAG, SAFE, from 'prying-eyes.' :woohoo:

More
15 years 2 months ago #165 by mattr
Thanks Ritardough, nice post

Magicgizmo.com administrator

More
14 years 2 months ago #725 by Appelsmagic
Give aways especially for the BD child. It adds perceived value with no extra effort.

Try to keep the adults involved as well. If they are enjoying the show, they are NOT in the back of the room talking.

Always give them \"More than they expect, and leave them wanting more.\"

ALWAYS ACT THE PROFESSIONAL! YOU ARE! if you don\'t, it reflects not only badly on you, but upon all magicians.

If you do not love kids, PLEASE stay out of the market. Kids will see through you and so will their parents. If you love kids and can play around with them and have fun, it becomes quite clear and everyone has a great time. This means a great show, great time had by all and REPEAT BOOKINGS!

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds