MagicGizmo

Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

Michael Grasso Gets Another Shot in AGT

More
13 years 8 months ago #983 by mattr
Micahel Grasso was the magician that was eliminated by the judges after he performed a nice card manipulation routine. He\'s getting another chance in the Wild Card Show this week and could make it back into the competition. Very strong mix of magician\'s this year. Here\'s his audition performance.

Here\'s the manipulation routine which was his undoing (I think it was great) as the judges put through Murray with the appearing car trick with the rather obvious method.

Magicgizmo.com administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #989 by mattr
Nice to see Michael Grasso advance to the semi-final show where 4 of the final 24 acts are magicians.

More
13 years 8 months ago #990 by Pier
Hi Matt,

thanks for posting.
I had the chance to watch the Youtube performances you posted just now, and I liked them both. That Guy HAS talent, to me.

I liked one thing during the manipulation. Maybe this was due to the strict TV times allowed, but I liked a lot the fact that the card manipulation was kept short and to the point.

I mean: during some congresses or stage contests I\'ve seen guys doing cards manipulations (even VERY difficult) for 6 or 8 minutes.
Like they were doing in the 40\'s... !!!

C\'mon, Cardini was one of a kind. It\'s time to find some different coreographies, to me, and mr.Grasso is on the right way.
Just my personal 2Cents based on my personal tastes, btw...

More
13 years 8 months ago #994 by mattr
Pier- Yes they typically only get 90 seconds so they really need to do something impressive in a short period of time.

FYI - Here\'s the performance from last week:

www.hulu.com/watch/171784/americas-got-t...ek-12-michael-grasso

More
13 years 7 months ago #997 by ssmagic
Well Michael didn\'t win but he made it to the top 10 which means he will on the US tour which is a big deal. I did enjoy Copperfield in the final where he did the Motorcycle opening and the illusion where he compresses himself. I think it\'s all great for magic.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds