Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

Greetings Everyone

More
13 years 9 months ago #945 by William Draven
Hello all,

My name is William Draven. You may have seen me lurking around other online magician forums like Ellusionist, Theory11, Penguin Magic, Exomagic, or the likes. If you have, yes I\'m the same guy. I\'m a starving artist all-be-it working professional with aspirations of eventually paying my bills with magic performances. I\'m classically trained as a close-up artist, but I\'ve since put a stronger emphasis on stage, freak, geek, and sideshow. I\'ve also, as of recent, began to fall in love with the Bizarre genre of magic. I think it plays well into who I am as a character.

I strongly believe in (and advocate for) the presentation of theatrically sound magic. By this I mean magic that has meaning, is presented by a character we can identify, agree or disagree with, and relate to. I\'m not a huge fan of the new wave of \"street\" magicians who all perform the same card tricks wearing the same style jeans and T-shirts, and presenting the same patter as it comes stock. I don\'t necessarily believe that magic should only be confined to the theater, contrary, but you should certainly own your act, be your character, and present material in a way that speaks to your own unique creativity as an individual.

At any length, it is a pleasure to be here, and I hope that you will treat me nicely.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #946 by mattr
Replied by mattr on topic Re:Greetings Everyone
Hi William and Welcome-

I would also like to add that William has already contributed 2 articles to the site. One is already published and the other is schedule for release on July 1st.

You can check out his submissions on the front page or click on his profile and check on the articles tab.

thanks and hope to \"see\" you around...Matt

Magicgizmo.com administrator

More
13 years 8 months ago #953 by Pier
Replied by Pier on topic Re:Greetings Everyone
Hello William,

welcome to the forum; hope you\'ll have fun.
Nice company here! ;-)

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds