MagicGizmo

Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

doubleday science study series

More
13 years 10 months ago #915 by james graham
As any magician can tell you, the study of cutting edge technologies is of great benifit for new and unheard of effects in the realm of \"magic\". I have discovered the re-introduction of old and \"forgotten\" technologies to be just as valuable. The doubleday science study series published in the 1950\'s for young scientists is a wealth of knowledge in a broad range of \"old\" subject areas. from magnets and sonar to electrostatics and surface tensions.

some interesting effects which are buried within?
Oil sinks in alcohol and floats on water and will form a perfect ball at the level where the densities change.(not exactly magic as any bartender understands this with the mixing of liquers). this bubble when spun with a t-shaped pin can create a toroidial ring like the rings of saturn which will break off, then rejoin with the ball.

if any one is interested in a \"controling the elements\" type of theme in their magic routines, look into a book called \"homemade lightening\". there are plans for building your own electrophorous which can make smoke swirl and dissappear. it can be charged up before a trick, and, being old technology, it is not likely to be recognized or discovered.

if you are interested in discussing some of these effects one on one, send me a PM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #922 by mattr
I think this science and magic stuff can be fascinating. I still love the trick where you suck and peeled hard-boiled into a mouth of a jar by lighting a small piece of paper inside the jar (which creates a vacuum)

Magicgizmo.com administrator

More
13 years 8 months ago #972 by ssmagic
I am not familar with that one but this is a good link for the those interested in Science and Magic. This is more mathematical type magic but interesting:

www.cs4fn.org/mathemagic/magicdownload.php

More
13 years 8 months ago #973 by Pier
Hey thanks so much for the link!
It\'s a great (and fun) website I didn\'t knew.
The PDF booklet looks really interesting at first glance...

More
13 years 8 months ago #977 by james graham
Hey Matt if you like the egg in a bottle you will love this one.
squarepegroundhole.multiply.com/photos/a...ssi-bottl-ty#photo=5

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds