Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

Coin Magic DVD\'s

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #810 by rdameron
Coin Magic DVD\'s was created by rdameron
What is the best introduction to coin magic DVD(s)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #811 by Pier
Replied by Pier on topic Re:Coin Magic DVD\'s
Tough question, and completely depending on personal tastes...
I\'ll try to make a brief, personal recap in this way:

a-) If You have time (and maybe money) for just ONE DVD, maybe you\'d want to watch Michael Ammar\'s \"Complete introduction to Coin Magic\". Lot of great techinques, concepts - and tricks, btw - in few space. A great starter for anyone IMHO.

b-) If you have time for a couple DVDs, maybe David Stone\'s \"Coin Magic\" vol 1 & 2 are a great choice. The first one is basic (but, please, see my ending notes...), the second one harder. Boys, how much I hate him for the perfect classic palms he does... :P

c-) For a whole range of DVDs covering many specific aspects of ALL coin magic, go for David Roth\'s. The Master! No offence for anyone, please -- a genius is a genius.

BUT, REMEMBER...

This is just my opinion: coin magic IS DIFFICULT. There are very few things so-called \"authomatic\" (think to \"authomatic\" as it is applied to card magic). After the purchases of a Scotch & Soda set and maybe of few some more gizmos, you won\'t go much further until you cannot do a convincing perfectly timed classic palm (and, better with both hands...).

So, keeping in mind the quantity of exercise and rehersals needed, consider the above DVDs, and then maybe you\'ll want to investigate some more particular and differently evolved works (David Neighbors, Ruhne Klan, Geoff Latta, Michael Rubinstein, the Gallos...)

Hope this will help a little !
Cheers
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by Pier. Reason: Untimely submission of the post...

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #812 by rdameron
Replied by rdameron on topic Re:Coin Magic DVD\'s
Excellent, thank you very much. I\'ll chase these down.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #817 by Pier
Hello all,

after few days from this post, I feel to say that the one above is just MY list... anyone has different ideas on the subject or something to add?
I\'d love to hear your opinions, hints & tips...

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #818 by rdameron
Replied by rdameron on topic Re:Coin Magic DVD\'s
Which David Roth? he has 2 sets of DVD\'s that I can find....

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #819 by Pier
Aha, you choose David Roth\'s; good choice; be prepared for a lot of work to come! :lol:
Anyway, in the following web page you can find almost everything he did; remember that the films are \"old\", so they were initially released as VHS videotapes. With the modern features of DVDs technology, a couple (or even three) of the \"old\" programs can found place into one single DVD.
That\'s why there are fewer DVDs than original VHS tapes!
Anyway, here\'s the link:

www.newyorkcoinmagic.net/Roth.htm

If you wanna start from the basics, \"Expert coin Magic Made Easy\" DVD offers all what you need (I\'m still working on that one and I think my whole life won\'t suffice... :S ).
\"Ultimate Coin Magic Collection\" offers some most advanced insights into coin magic and into some arguments/topics in particular; i.e. the one on coin boxes is still one of the best ever made on that topic alone!

For some more \"hystoric\" views of David\'s works (in case what\'s listed above still won\'t make you happy), look even for the ol\' good \"Stars of Magic\" series of tapes/DVDs.

The next step might be seek for David Roth in person at the Fantasma Magic Shop\'s booth, if you are so lucky to live next there... :blink:

Cheers, let me know about your coin magic progresses ;)
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by Pier. Reason: SPELLING !!!

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds