Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

Howdy from Habu

More
14 years 1 month ago #779 by Habu
Howdy from Habu was created by Habu
Hello,

I\'d like to take a moment to say hello to everyone and let you know a little about myself.

I\'ve been doing magic for about 35 years. I had an opportunity when I was 17 to paint a neighbor\'s home. He was a 95 year old retiree who needed some things done around he home. As a reward for helping them out he took me to his garage and opened up several crates. within the crates were remnants of an old Vaudevillian magic show from the \'20s. Included in the apparatus was a guillotine, doll house and suspension. I began doing magic for friends and continued to improve on my equipment and training during the four years I was in the Air Force after graduation from high school.

When I finished my time in the Air Force and went to college I decided to put the magic to use and helped pay my way through school with magic parties, school assembly shows and benefits. I performed off and on ever since.

The past few years I was performing children\'s magic birthday parties at a family fun center. With the economy dropping out a couple of years ago the center closed and I packed up my magic to concentrate on my teaching degree. Recently the owner of the family fun center contacted me and we are going into business again.

Aside from magic, my vocations are, or have been, art (portraiture and children\'s book illustration), education (I finished my masters in elementary education recently) and military (U.S. Air Force enlisted and U.S. Army infantry officer)

That is a brief overview.

I am from Texas and currently live in Alabama after spending time in Ohio, Georgia, New Jersey and a few other states.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #780 by Pier
Replied by Pier on topic Re:Howdy from Habu
Hi Habu,
so nice to have you here! :)

Have a look around freely and post wherever You wish, of course!
Oh, and don\'t forget that after 40 \"Gizmo Points\" You can ask to our Admin Matt an admission to the \"Magic Secrets Area\" of this forum -- a limited access area.

See you around ;)

More
14 years 1 month ago #781 by mattr
Replied by mattr on topic Re:Howdy from Habu
Welcome Habu. Nothing like looking into some old trunks of magic stuff.

Please come back often and enjoy all that MagicGizmo has to offer.

Magicgizmo.com administrator

More
14 years 1 month ago #782 by ssmagic
Replied by ssmagic on topic Re:Howdy from Habu
Welcome Habu!

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds