MagicGizmo

Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

Interesting Idea -Perhaps Solution to Biggest Wand

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #747 by mattr
I was at IKEA this weekend and came across this item: Fyllen Laundry Basket. It is 18\" in diameter and nearly 22\" tall. The interesting thing is that it compresses to less than 1/2 tall and then springs open when released. Price on this item is $10.00

I was thinking you connect 5 or 6 of these and cover them in a thin fabric to create a GIANT wand ala BIGGEST WAND.

www.creativemagic.net/kids/biggestwand.htm

The problem with biggest wand is you need to inflate it ahead of time and put it somewhere where it can\'t be seen, both problems. This item would be 18\" wide and about 3 or 4 inches thick and spring open to over 10 feet long. This would be an interesting project. The biggest challenge would be covering the baskets with the right fabric (not too heavy) so it will still spring open fully and quickly.

Seems like an interesting project. There may be other possible uses for this item as well, Any ideas?

Magicgizmo.com administrator
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by mattr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #816 by ssmagic
This is a really interesting idea...thanks for posting

More
13 years 9 months ago #908 by james graham
plastic laundry hose for a medium size (transitional stage)wand perhaps?
can you airbrush the vented openings? no lighting behind it of course. the problem I can forsee with fabric coverings is the time it would take to get air into it, but it may be possible to have a light weight curtain which is carried up by the wand as it expands only to release and shimmer down as the wand reaches full height. this would be great for some of my clown friends who do \"big magic\". one of the local banks had a 12 sided calandar ball (pentagon top and bottom and 10 sides with quadrilaterals wide at the equator) which would fold flat and pop open by means of a rubber band. these would be great if used in combination with each other.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #1228 by jnrussell23
I like this idea a lot. Has anyone tried this yet? If so, what did you do to tie the pieces together?

Every time I walk through a store and see an unusual or interesting item, I\'m always thinking, \"is there a trick here?\" I work at a Lowe\'s store, so it\'1s a constant be-on-the-lookout mission as I walk through my store.

I should post a couple items that have caught my eye recently.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds