MagicGizmo

Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

We have lost another legend

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #705 by Appelsmagic
I have just heard the sad news that we have lost Pat Page.

For those that know Pat, know that he was a giving and VERY knowledgable Magi. Every time I now pull a full and uncovered class of liquid from my sleave. I will silently thank him. His inovations and contributions to magic will long be remembered.

Rest in Peace my friend!
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Appelsmagic. Reason: adding photo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #707 by Pier
Very sad news.
I met Him here in Italy two or three years ago at the C.M.I. annual convention, and that was the \"hit\" of the whole congress for me.
One of His books, in its italian translation, was THE BOOK that really opened my eyes about Magic in the early \'80s.
A Legend is gone.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #715 by mattr
This is indeed sad news. His book \"The Big Book of Magic\" was one of the key books that got me started years ago. Pier, is that the book you were refering to?

Magicgizmo.com administrator
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by mattr.

More
14 years 1 month ago #722 by Pier
Replied by Pier on topic Re:We have lost another legend
I\'ve found and checked my book: yes, it is the Italian translation of \"The Big Book of Magic\". It was first published in Italy in 1979, I think 3 years after its initial English publication.

It\'s interesting the fact that the book is still published and re-published here in Italy every few years; the covers and size change, but the great contents are still the same.
Close-up, stage, illusions, parlor, magic hints and tips... it\'s all there, ready to be discovered again and again.
Many new generations of magicians, like the ones in the past, will keep getting great CORRECT knowledge from those pages.

Patrick must be long be remembered and thanked by many.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds