MagicGizmo

Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

Flying Carpet vs. Chair Suspension

More
14 years 1 month ago #699 by Joe
I have both of these but wondering what people experiences are with these. I worry about using the Chair Suspension with heavier kids while the Flying Carpet seems more stable.

I am curious if there are people lugging around Flying Carpets to kids shows and their reasons for using this illusion rather than the chair suspension.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #708 by Appelsmagic
I also have both, and both each have their pros and cons.

While the FC is bulky and needs an area in which to set up, it can be themed for an event or Holiday. I will try to attach a photo of what I did for a Harry Potter book release party that I worked at for Barnes and Noble.

The FC also has angle problems. You cannot for example use it in a mall whith upper floors looking down on it. There is a way to clear the angles from behind so thay are not a problem.

The CS on the other hand can go darn near anywhere, but cannot be themed. Both hold about the same weight, though I would trust the FC with a bit more.

The bottom line is that the presentation is what it\'s all about no matter which you use.

More
14 years 1 month ago #709 by Appelsmagic
Still trying to get the photo to upload.

Will have to check with Matt, something isn\'t working right.

More
14 years 1 month ago #710 by Appelsmagic
OK That got it. You can\'t see it, but the title of the book on the binding is The History of Hogwarts and it has the school crest on front and back covers. I have also replaced the brooms pictured here with more of a witches type of broom.
I used this theme for a couple of book releases and library shows.

I also have variations for Christmas with candy canes and Christmas packages, July 4th with rockets and a patriotic screen, And a few others in the works.

These work out well in that most schools do not allow any type of weapons, real or not, so the crossed swords is out.

More
14 years 1 month ago #712 by Pier
Compliments Eric, a great customization of the apparatus. Looks relly great! I think childrens have a lot of fun and love the themes and presentations (either Hogwarts or Xmas set).
Also, no weapons around... fantastic work!

More
14 years 1 month ago #717 by mattr
Eric - Nice photo and custom FC!

The original Jack Hughes method calls for 2 screens which I think provides subtle and better concealment of the method. In the Jim Sommers book \"Build Your Own Illusions\" he explains on how to eliminate the rear angle problem.

Magicgizmo.com administrator

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds