Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

Mental Epic

More
14 years 2 months ago #697 by Joe
Mental Epic was created by Joe
Is anyone using this trick? I am familar with old style boards but was wondering if the newer no-force boards are worth the investment. Any thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #700 by Pier
Replied by Pier on topic Re: Mental Epic
Personally it\'s a trick that I never performed, but I think it\'s GREAT. I\'ve seen i.e. the new board sold here in Europe by Astor: totally automatic and without any force. A great version.

My thoughts, anyway, are that if You already know and perform a version that fools people... You\'re done -- You already got what You need.
In fact the difference for modern versions vs. the classic one is THE METHOD: something that people should not be allowed to know in any case!
So, if THE EFFECT is the same... why throw away more money?
Just my opinion, btw.

More
14 years 2 months ago #703 by magicTJ
Replied by magicTJ on topic Re:Mental Epic
I use the traditional version of the board, but with a dry erase board, not a chalk board. I have a no force routine using a regular (ie CHEAPER) board that goes over really well with all kinds of audiences. It has a really fun ending and has a double punch, making it better than the standard routine of predicting three thought of items.

I\'m fairly new to this board. Without tipping the method, are we allowed to share routines here if they are original?

Tommy

More
14 years 2 months ago #711 by Pier
Replied by Pier on topic Re:Mental Epic
magicTJ wrote:

...Without tipping the method, are we allowed to share routines here if they are original?

I think we are, after all no secrets are exposed. Anyway there\'s even a \"magic secrets\" section in this forum where the access is reserved, and maybe the whole thing would be safer...
Matt can give further details if He wish; I think one must get 40 Gizmo points (or similar) to gain access.

On the subject of \"Mental Epic\": even Tony Binarelli has a version that uses just a big paper block notes and a permanent marker -- the classic \"packs small and plays big\".

More
14 years 2 months ago #720 by mattr
Replied by mattr on topic Re:Mental Epic
Yes, sharing of routines is fine but anything that gets into the method should be reserved for the magic secrets area. Getting access just requires 40 points as Pier stated. More details here:

magicgizmo.com/home/General/earn-cool-pr...icgizmo-rewards.html

Magicgizmo.com administrator

More
14 years 2 months ago #721 by Pier
Replied by Pier on topic Re:Mental Epic
Ah, I was sure I read about it somewhere... :-)
Go Tommy; 40 points are not difficult to get -- just post Your ideas/impressions wherever You feel to do it in this forum!

Beside that, I\'d really love to read about Your routine... I think the other Guys would love it too

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds