MagicGizmo

Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

Table hopping routines / effects.

More
14 years 2 months ago #676 by Appelsmagic
Let\'s try to get some activity going here.

What are your favorite table hopping effects and why?

Then answer this as well....

What are your AUDIENCES favorite table hopping effects and why?

Let\'s see if or how well they match up.

Mine are Sponge rabbits, Brother Hammonds \"TWINS\", CMH with a few other rubberband moves in my routine. Cell phone in balloon (Having a senior moment and can\'t think of it\'s proper name at the moment.) And Sol Stone\'s handeling of Slydini\'s linking pins. I bought a set from Tony many years ago, but could never develope a routine I liked until I saw Sol\'s handeling. I have been doing them ever since.

There are also some card effects and poker deals that Bill Wisch has passed onto me that I have a lot of fun with. And when you get that ...audience member who has been partying for a while and wants to play poker with YOU, that\'s when I bring out Marc DeSouza\'s \"Die of Destiny\" as \"One more before we do play. It BLOWS THEM AWAY!

The reason is because I get such good reactions with these effects and I enjoy the interaction I have with my audience.

My audiences favorites are much the same as above (Which is why these effects are the ones I use.) I have been getting strong reactions with the balloon bit. Go figure, as I thought it to be obvious when I first saw it, but people who have sen me do it are always asking to see it again, or wanting me to show it to their friends.

Go for it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #831 by mattr
I used to use Wiregrams quite a bit. In case you don\'t know, it involves a card force but the revelation is quite magical. A piece of wire it show and can be bent into a random shape. Cover it with flash paper and light it and the wire is now bent in the shape of your selected card. See:

www.ellusionist.com/wiregrams.html

This is a really cool trick and is really self working. I would have the spectator hold the wire using a pair of mini vise grips so they don\'t burn their hand.

Magicgizmo.com administrator

More
13 years 11 months ago #832 by Pier
Wow, thanks you so much. I knew about wiregrams but never found convenient the fact that a mug full with boiling \"something\" was necessary for the trick.
Even less convenient in bars and restaurants, btw... image using a stranger\'s mug...!

Now... with flash paper all this gets a new, fresh and blowing dimension!

Thanks a lot for the beautiful idea!

More
13 years 11 months ago #843 by mattr
Yes, I think wiregrams are a very cool effect (and maybe not well know although they have been around for a while)

Magicgizmo.com administrator

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds