MagicGizmo

Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

Favorite Magicians of All Time

More
14 years 4 months ago #518 by mattr
This link provides some interesting information about the mainstream magicians of the past 30 years or so:

www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2009/11/27/favorite-magicians/

Who are some of your all time favorites?

Doug Henning was one of the reasons I became so interested in magic and remember his TV specials quite well and set the standard for TV magic which has been ruined by Mind Freaks and Masked Morons.

The article says Henning wasn\'t hip and maybe so, but he was magical. I just watched the Henning Magic Show DVD (from the Broadway Production) a few weeks back and forgot just how good the magic was. I still think that water levitation was one of the best ever.

Magicgizmo.com administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #519 by Pier
In the \'70s here in Italy the BIG national TV names were Silvan and Tony Binarelli (I think some of you could have heard them both even in the States -- both are still working hard and Silvan is even in the Magic Castle Wall of fame...)
A lot of people - including myself - owe their interest about magic to them both.
Silvan was the \'classic\' tuxedo-and-doves character (think to Channing Pollock); Binarelli was the informal everybody\'s friend (and still is!).

The International names I prefer, anyway, are still David Copperfield and Lance Burton.
I like a lot the theatrical aspects of David and the class and elegance of Lance.

Regarding close-up, my preferences go to John Bannon for the touch of total GENIUS he has, and to Tom Mullica for the presentational style :)

More
14 years 4 months ago #520 by mattr
Thanks Pier, I saw some nice YouTube videos of Silvan, great stuff.

Magicgizmo.com administrator

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds