MagicGizmo

Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

Vintage Effect: \"Lite-Touch\"__Does anyone know it?

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #414 by vdrlng
This a very cool effect that I ran across in a \'76 \'Linking Ring\' magazine; I\'m a big match guy and am trying to acquire this item or find the method behind it. Any assistance would be appreciated. The following ad was found in a book on vintage effects; does anyone have information on this?

LITE-TOUCH

Here is a stunning effect, not just mindreading but an entirely new form of miracle. Ask a spectator to choose a card. Ask a second spectator to stare into the flame of a match so that the name of the card is revealed to them. The person whom you choose is an ordinary member of the audience, not someone to whom you have given special instructions. The necessary materials are right there in full view of all the spectators, but only one person perceives the chosen card while looking through the light of the match.
This is a very clever principle and is extremely easy to do. Another effect - very different from the first one - is also possible. You claim it is possible to see through a book of matches. To prove it, you place a book of matches on the back of a card. A spectator first sees nothing. Next he sees the card\'s suit. Next he sees the value of the card. You don\'t have to suggest anything - he really gets the information in that order.
Instructions and those \"special something’s\" are included.

$2

Jose\'s Studio
17-C Wallace St.
Bellville, NJ 07109

Any ideas?

vdrlng/jol
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by vdrlng.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #415 by mattr
Your image did not come through

Magicgizmo.com administrator

More
14 years 6 months ago #416 by Pier
Just for the record:

The only time when I saw something similar was more or less in 1998 when FUKAI, a Japanese magician, toured Italy with his ideas and tricks.
He sold a trick where a \"freely\" chosen card was revealed by a second spectator just watching a cigarette lighter\'s flame thru a special piece of dark film. Only the second spectator had a clue of what was in view there, and only when the flame was lit.

Pity I cannot help you on the exact method used (\'cause I don\'t know it)... and I cannot even trace the trick because Fukai\'s website is entirely written in Japanese! :(

More
14 years 6 months ago #420 by drewer
that looks like a very cool trick if you can still buy it. Cheap too. Tell me if you find out what it is and where to buy it. Thanks Drew

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds