Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

Bar Tricks

More
14 years 6 months ago #382 by mr.magic
Bar Tricks was created by mr.magic
Not really magic, but they are tricks....

www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/eve...ct15,0,2121563.story

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #383 by mattr
Replied by mattr on topic Re:Bar Tricks
Thanks mr.magic for the bar tricks link, I particularly like the removing the bill from the stack of quarters

Magicgizmo.com administrator

More
14 years 6 months ago #388 by drewer
Replied by drewer on topic Re:Bar Tricks
mattr wrote:

Thanks mr.magic for the bar tricks link, I particularly like the removing the bill from the stack of quarters

Me too. I would have yanked the dollar bill out. Those are all cool tricks. I bet not many people would solve them. Thanks

More
14 years 2 months ago #613 by Professor Jackson
Replied by Professor Jackson on topic Re:Bar Tricks
I enjoyed this article and video clip about bar tricks in that Chicago bar. Thanks. There are a number of versions of the challenge stunt of removing a bill from under or between bottles / coins. I believe that the version shown in the clip is not very dramatic. The rolling up of the bill takes a long time and spectators in bars get bored easily.

The version of this stunt that I prefer is where a bill is placed between two empty beer bottles which are mouth to mouth. Immediate dramatic tension is created by the sight of two beer bottles perched mouth to mouth with a bill between them. People down the bar can easily see the setup and challenge and everyone is aftraid that bottles are going to fall over and break something. Spectators tend to move their drinks back a little bit for safety!

By the way, if you use a large denomination bill you will get a lot more attention! People like BIG money.

There is a very flashy way of removing the bill, but I guess this qualifies as a secret, so I will keep mum. Needless to say, after you have built up all this dramatic tension, you are under a lot of pressure not to fail.

There are a number of ways to secure a very high success rate with this bar trick. Here is one:

A bartender who is into bar tricks usually wants customers to do them too. Thus, if you get to know the bartender, he or she will stash items behind the bar for you to use when you do your bar tricks. The two bottle and bill stunt requires bottles that are totally washed and clean and dry, maybe a little dusty from sitting around for a week. Nuf said!

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds