MagicGizmo

Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

Best Books for the Beginner

More
15 years 9 months ago #31 by ssmagic
What are some good magic books you can recommend for the beginner magician?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #33 by mattr
For a general magic book for a beginning that won\'t break the bank, I would recommend Mark Wilson\'s Encyclopedia of Magic. It has a little bit of everything from close-up to apparatus and even some illusions.

Magicgizmo.com administrator

More
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #38 by matt
Replied by matt on topic Re:Best Books for the Beginner
For Close-up Magic, The \"Now You See It, Now You Don\'t\" books by Bill Tarr are great.
Last edit: 15 years 9 months ago by matt.

More
15 years 8 months ago #41 by JimRoberts
I echo the recommendation of Mark Wilson\'s book. I recently also read Hocus Pocus: A Tale of Magnificent Magicians by Paul Kieve. Not so much for the tricks contained (only 35) but it is a nice historical piece presented as a fantasy and does not read as dry as some histories often do.

More
15 years 6 months ago #84 by falloutboy101
I also recommend Mark Wilson\'s book as well as the complete idiots guide to magic and magic for dummies.

More
15 years 4 months ago #104 by BrianT
I agree that Mark Wilson\'s book is excellent. However, I find that I get a lot more out of a video or DVD.

I am left handed so written explanations of card tricks have to be reversed as well as understood.

I was recently given a DVD set of \"Royal Road to Card Magic\" and have found it to be an excellent introduction to cards. It will keep me busy for years!

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds