Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

FREE MAGIC BOOKS

More
15 years 9 months ago #29 by bill
FREE MAGIC BOOKS was created by bill
Hi every one, thought you might be interested in this site I have already had ten free magic ebooks from them and it looks as if they give a free one every month loads of free magic www.magicforall.com/html/subscribe.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #359 by drewer
Replied by drewer on topic Re: FREE MAGIC BOOKS
Thanks bill, but that\'s not quite what some people are looking for. Some people, like me, are against internet exposure of magic tricks. There\'s no law about it but I would discourage you against doing it. Best of Luck, Drew

More
14 years 5 months ago #511 by Pier
Replied by Pier on topic Re: FREE MAGIC BOOKS
I\'m relatively new to this forum, so I discovered this post just now (that could sound, more or less, as \"sorry for the delay...\").

While of course I\'m totally against exposure, I don\'t fear that much websites like the one pointed on the top post.
There are many (or there was many) of them around; anyway they all offer books or booklets that I think could appeal very few to a layperson just curious to discover how Magic works.

Infact more than often one can find some old classics like \"Miracle Mongers and Their Methods\" or \"Modern Magic\", or more-than-technical works like the \"Card Manipulation\" series and \"Expert at the Card Table\".

Don\'t get me wrong; they\'re important basic works, but I think that thay have a value just for those in the know. I think that if a layguy willing to learn magic gets his hands on \"Modern Magic\" or on \"Expert at the Card Table\"... after few pages and few tries, he maybe will devote his time to fishing, stamps collecting or other some more rewarding hobbies.

And maybe he paid even quite few bucks for those texts... :dry:

Just my opinion, but I think that a good introduction to Magic is somewhere else -- not in websites like that one.
I.E., one can get more rewarding results just by having as a Friend a Magician ;)

I\'d be curious to know your opinion too, dear Friends...

More
14 years 5 months ago #512 by ssmagic
Replied by ssmagic on topic Re:FREE MAGIC BOOKS
I am not too worried about this sort of thing either. The public library has been stocked with \"free\" magic books for years. Is this exposure? That is how I got my start in magic.

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds