MagicGizmo

Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

Best Modern Mentalism Books?

More
14 years 8 months ago #251 by retired0903
Over the years I have read a number of older books on mentalism effects. Today, with the advances in technology I wonder are there any books around that take a more modern approach to mentalism?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #257 by ssmagic
I am not sure about more current titles but have always found Annemann's book (Practical Mental Effects), a great resource.

More
14 years 5 months ago #373 by drewer
This obviously isn\'t a book but Luke Jermay\'s Emotional Intelligence (EI) is a good DVD. It teaches a very good routine and overall it really isn\'t difficult to master. Give it a try.

More
14 years 5 months ago #421 by Pier
My modest preferences go to \"Paramiracles\" by Ted Lesley, and, if you\'ve got really a lot of time to spend on books (\'cause it\'s quite a HUGE tome), \"Mind, Myth and Magik\" by T.A. Waters.
Both great resources and \"modern\", as You stated.
But it\'s a matter of personal tastes. The two books above still rely on some sort of apparatus (or kinda); if you need some more on the psyco-or-neuro side, try Derren Brown\'s or Kenton Knepper\'s!

More
14 years 5 months ago #428 by drewer
Pier wrote:

My modest preferences go to \"Paramiracles\" by Ted Lesley, and, if you\'ve got really a lot of time to spend on books (\'cause it\'s quite a HUGE tome), \"Mind, Myth and Magik\" by T.A. Waters.
Both great resources and \"modern\", as You stated.
But it\'s a matter of personal tastes. The two books above still rely on some sort of apparatus (or kinda); if you need some more on the psyco-or-neuro side, try Derren Brown\'s or Kenton Knepper\'s!

I\'ve never heard of those books. I guess I\'ll have to check them out. Do you have them? Are they worth the money? Where could I buy them?

More
14 years 5 months ago #430 by Pier
drewer wrote:

...I guess I\'ll have to check them out.

Well, don\'t feel obliged! Anyway they\'re a good addition to any magic library, to me. Don\'t know what your magic tastes are...

Do you have them?

YES !!!!!

Are they worth the money?

Quite a personal question... to me, they are. For many people, they worth FAR MORE than their price. Some other sell them on Ebay after an unsuccesful/unsatisfactory reading...

Where could I buy them?

Both books are published by Stephen Minch\'s Hermetic Press, and both are still in print. You can check any good magic shop, but you could have luck and find a bargain on Ebay (or maybe our Admin Matt could help with the \'classified\' section of this forum... :evil: )

Good Luck

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds