MagicGizmo

Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

Harness Rings source?

More
14 years 8 months ago #245 by retired0903
I live in Australia and I have searched far and wide for a source of large harness rings to use in a ring on/off rope routine with no success whatsoever. Can anyone help with a source.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #335 by drewer
Replied by drewer on topic Re: Harness Rings source?
I don\'t quite understand your question. What is a harness ring? Is it just a metal ring for the rope routine? Maybe you could use a linking ring for that and then go into a linking ring routine. I don\'t know.

More
14 years 5 months ago #396 by Pier
Replied by Pier on topic Re: Harness Rings source?
I think I (maybe) understand what you asked, because me too have looked for ages for the \"perfect\" ring (if ever one have been invented...).
I don\'t know what your tastes and routines might be, but I can tell you what I look for in a \'ring-and-rope-bracelet-ype\' metal ring:

- A good weight;
- a suitable diameter to insert my hand and wrist into;
- maybe a seamless look and good chrome;

An item is currently sold; look at this as an example:

www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=8484

I used happily for a lenght of time one of the single rings that come with a cheap set of chinese linking rings (set of 4, the smaller ones I mean); then I discover a suitable ring to me in a set produced by Sam Dalal (should be \'Funtime Innovation\' if memory serves me well. There\'s even a small booklet with some interesting moves in the pack with the ring).
Hope that helps you a little, bye

More
14 years 5 months ago #442 by Pier
Replied by Pier on topic Re: Harness Rings source?
Since we are on the subject (or almost), I\'d like to ask to the members here if they have a fovourite routine with a rope and a \"bracelet\" type ring.

I have mine, that is not in print because I put together some moves I found on some books and on some videos; that is my routine is still evolving (I hope...).
As soon as I\'ll find some other moves that I like, I\'ll put them into use.
Anyway I try to keep the routine short -- no more than a couple of minutes.

I\'d like to know if someone has any preferences for this kind of magic that could be used in environments ranging from close-up to even big parlor (not to mention TV)...

More
14 years 5 months ago #444 by drewer
Replied by drewer on topic Re: Harness Rings source?
Pier wrote:

I think I (maybe) understand what you asked, because me too have looked for ages for the \"perfect\" ring (if ever one have been invented...).
I don\'t know what your tastes and routines might be, but I can tell you what I look for in a \'ring-and-rope-bracelet-ype\' metal ring:

- A good weight;
- a suitable diameter to insert my hand and wrist into;
- maybe a seamless look and good chrome;

An item is currently sold; look at this as an example:

www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=8484

I used happily for a lenght of time one of the single rings that come with a cheap set of chinese linking rings (set of 4, the smaller ones I mean); then I discover a suitable ring to me in a set produced by Sam Dalal (should be \'Funtime Innovation\' if memory serves me well. There\'s even a small booklet with some interesting moves in the pack with the ring).
Hope that helps you a little, bye

I get the question now (I think) And using linking rings ring would be useful. You could use in a linking rings routine and then go into what ever routine retired0903 is thinking about.Thanks Drew

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds