Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

Classified Ads Improvements

More
15 years 1 week ago - 15 years 2 days ago #197 by mattr
The classified ads section has some important improvements:

- Search Engine Friendly URLs
What does this mean? It means that your ad is more likely to be picked up by in a higher page rank in search engines. This mean more customers coming to see your ad.

- Downloading Your Ads
Why would I want to do this? If you use the MagicGizmo to post all your items for sale, you may wish to also post them on other forums and sites, but this can be a hassle of maintaining information in more than one place. So here's how you do it: post all your ads to MagicGizmo. If something sells, delete the ad. You can change the price in MagicGizmo also. You can always then download a current list of your items for sale which can be posted to other forums etc. which allow for these types of postings.

- How do I download my current ads to Excel? When you are logged-in, you will see and link in the left hand side when viewing the Classified Ads->Seller Tools section.

Magicgizmo.com administrator
Last edit: 15 years 2 days ago by mattr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 days ago #198 by mattr
We also added:

- Mass Price Updates
This allows you to reduce the pricing of all your ads with just one click. This way you can set your prices for a good price and if they don't sell you can reduce them easily. You just log-in and go to Classified Ads -> Seller Tools. You enter the percent you'd like to reduce all your ads and click the Update button. You can even specify a minimum value or not to adjust particular ads at all when you set them up.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #266 by mattr
The improvements continue with classified ads, check out these new features:

- Hot and New Item Indicator
- Manage ads and allow users to view your ads from your profile
- List ads in more than one category
- New Comedy and Kids Magic Category
- Monthly Magic Classifieds E-mail List

This e-mail list allows subscribers to receive a monthly list of all the items for sale in the MagicGizmo classifieds. All you have to do is list your items and they will automatically be included in the e-mail. This is a great way to promote your items for sale.

Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by mattr.

More
14 years 7 months ago #296 by mattr
There is a new offer for a Free MagicGizmo Classifieds Store URL, get all the details here:

magicgizmo.com/home/free-magicgizmo-store-limited-offer.html

More
14 years 5 months ago #504 by mattr
Hey I had just noticed that the search engine friendly URLs were not working. I had made some changes to the classified a while back and I didn\'t notice these were not working.

Good News. They work now.

So instead of this:
http://magicgizmo.com/home/ads/?option=com_adsmanager&page=show_ad&adid=269

You get:
http://magicgizmo.com/home/classified_ads/Worth-Silk-Cabby-Earlier-than-Milson-269.html

This way if people are searching for these terms, the search engine will rank higher than the previous URL. This is good news if people are looking for what you are selling.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds