MagicGizmo

Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

Allow me to introduce myself

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #1372 by Mysterio
Behind the name \"Mysterio\" is a veteran magician with the name of Dick O\'Shea. That is me.
I began leaning magic in 1975 when I was given a copy of Magic magazine. I found that Flosso\'s magic shop in NY was just a few blocks from Wall Street - where I was working at the time.
After meeting Al and buying my first thumb tip and 6 inch silk from him - I was hooked.
I quickly formed friendships with a few good magicians in the Brooklyn area then joined the SAM.
In 1977 and 1978 I was a counselor at Tannen\'s Magic Camp on Long Island. It was a learning experience for me and I cherish the memories from that experience. With me were Irv Tannen, Tona Spina, Father Sip, Tom Ogden, Mario Gonzalez, Steve Rodman, and many more. - so much talent in one place. And then there were the students with their special drive and talent.

I am also a veteran of may Tannen\'s Magic Jubilee where I met David Copperfield after he received a 20 minute standing ovation - and he was only 19 years old. I remember seeing the masters like Tony Slydini, Al Goshman, Harry Blackstone Jr., Marvin Roy, Frank Garcia, and many more.

So my magic has been influenced by some of the great performers of my time - both professional and amateur alike.

I have over 1000 books and lecture notes in my library as well as many \"tricks\" that lay in waiting for me to learn well enough to do them justice.

I am now retired from the corporate business world and am looking forward to magic as a profession.

I\'m pretty good working with wood - and have built a couple of illusions for myself.

Onward and upward from here - and looking forward to it.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Mysterio. Reason: Add value to the introtuction

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #1373 by mattr
Welcome Dick. Great story and thanks for sharing.

Magicgizmo.com administrator

More
10 years 1 month ago #1374 by Pier
Welcome here Dick! Great to meet you -- looking forward to hear from you often in this forum B)

More
9 years 8 months ago #1378 by bigtonenz
Hi my name is Tony Edwards.
I used to do quite a lot of magic until my van was stolen some years ago withmost of my stuff in it.
Nowdays I just do a little coin sleight of hand, I used to do cigarette tricks but since giving up smoking..not so much.
I live in New Zealand and emigrated here from England 1n 1959.
I am (was) a professional musician (guitar and drums) and still play infrequently.
Cheers,
Tony

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds