Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

My Intro!

More
10 years 4 months ago #1365 by magiketc
My Intro! was created by magiketc
Hello Everyone,
My name is Howard Bauman. I\'m a semi-professional performer. My interests in magic began over 50 years ago! When I was 12 my family moved from Southern California to Philadelphia. While I was there my father bought me a Popular Science magazine dedicated completely to magic. It was love at first sight! When we returned to Sunny California I began building my own props (such as they were) and doing magic for family. Soon I found a couple of friends at school with an interest in magic also and we formed a partnership to do shows for kid\'s parties. Our building skills got better and we even build an Arabian Tent illusion. My interest waned and waxed over the years . . . fast forward to 1984 . . . I regained my interest in the arts again. I resurrected my books and props and began to do a few shows for my sons and daughter\'s birthdays.
I discovered 2 magic shops nearby and soon built up a new supply of the latest, greatest, must have it props along with a growing collection of books. Both shops soon put me to work by referring my name to people looking for a magician. I eventually went to work for the Magic Emporium in Chatsworth in the San Fernando Valley as a demonstrator and performer in the party theater we had built for in-store parties. I also joined a local magic club, IBM ring #276 of Simi Valley and subsequently became a member of the Magic Castle in Hollywood. Our club did shows in many venues around our area and I became sort of the stage manager and MC for the shows, doing comedy stage magic in between act changes.
While working at the magic shop I had the pleasure of meeting many professional magicians who would visit the store. The Pendragons, Mark Wilson, Victor and Diamond, Steve Axtell, Marvin Roy, David Guinn and several others. I also had a steady customer that I befriended and we formed a partnership doing shows. He was a great dove worker and illusionist. We built all of our own props and sold many to local magicians. All in all I have had a wonderful experience learning, doing, and building magic for all these years and am looking forward to many more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #1367 by mattr
Replied by mattr on topic Re:My Intro!
Thanks Howard for the introduction. Sounds like you have lots to share with everyone and I hope that you do.
Thanks, Matt

Magicgizmo.com administrator

More
10 years 2 months ago #1375 by Pier
Replied by Pier on topic Re:My Intro!
Hello and welcome here Howard. Browse freely, have fun and post a lot! :laugh:
Cheers

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds