MagicGizmo

Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

Rick Thomas Show in Las Vegas

More
12 years 4 months ago #1112 by mattr
I had always wanted to see the Rick Thomas show in Las Vegas which ran for many years at the Tropicana and then at the Stardust before that Hotel closed. I was just visiting Vegas over the weekend and saw he at the Tropicana for a limited engagement for the month of December.

I hadn\'t seen any signs even at the Hotel itself but saw it advertised with the ticket brokers and bought a ticket there and was glad that I did. The 4pm show in the Tropicana main showroom was not full but Rick Thomas and his crew was ready to perform.

He began the show with an appearance on a motorcycle, which was follow-up later in the show with a vanishing \"bengal-net\" type where moments later he drove back on stage.

I seem unable to escape a magic show without appearing on stage and was invited on stage with my wife, where he borrowed my watch, seemingly destroyed it, and made it reappear inside a box that was locked and watched by a member of audience. The time had also been changed to a time I had specified earlier in the trick.

Of course, the show was filled with his signature tiger tricks including a white tiger and 2 other appearing tigers which did their magic while suspended over the stage.

My favorite illusion was his levitation where he levitated his assistant with out any cover into the air. He lowered her and then covered her (while still floating in mid-air) with a sheet and she rose again, but clearly moving underneath the sheet. He then flew up to her, pulled the sheet away and she was gone, he glided back down and walked up to the front to take his bow. Very nice illusion.

If you make the trip to Vegas and Rick is performing, be sure to check out his show. I was glad that I did.

Magicgizmo.com administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #1113 by Pier
Congrats Matt, looks like you\'re keeping to have a great time on (and off) stage!
Thanks for sharing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds