Magic Collectors and Builders Online Resource

Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

MagicGizmo Login

A Vintage Penetration

More
12 years 9 months ago #1061 by wiz1937
Hi,

Can anyone out there identify the attached prop. I shall attempt two more photographs (below, if possible) to complete the sequence. The jumbo card has hole in the middle with an metal eyelet to strengthen it.

The card is placed against a flat metal sheet and a long pin or knitting needle is run through the hole and the sheet. The card is spun round on the knitting needle and appears to penetrate the sheetvisibly. The effect is startling. The card is then shown to be on the other side of the sheet, and is removed.

There is a duplicate card and a kind of trapdoor on the stand on which the sheet sits. I have the impression that the duplicate (unfeked) card is the one produced for examination but cannot see how the switch can be effected. The trapdoor compartment is not deep enough to hold the hole duplicate, which protrudes from it.

The feking is very clever but my card is so worn I shall have to make up another \'set\' if I can find an eyelet puncher long enough to punch out a hole and attach an eyelet to the middle of a jumbo card.

Anyone know the trick ? What it\'s called ? Even more unlikely, does anyone have a full set of instructions I can cadge.

Sincerely,

Wiz1937 (Malcolm)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #1062 by wiz1937
Replied by wiz1937 on topic Re:A Vintage Penetration
Here is the second photograph...

More
12 years 9 months ago #1063 by wiz1937
Replied by wiz1937 on topic Re:A Vintage Penetration
And the third...

More
12 years 9 months ago #1064 by james graham
Several office supply stores sell hole punches that can reach long ways across a sheet of paper (usually in the $30 to $50 USD range). I would suggest marking the hole and taking it to an office supply store and make your hole without having to purchase it or get a cheap set of hammer punches at a hardware store. i love the spinning effect to get it to penetrate. very clever.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds