How to Submit Content to MagicGizmo.com
Since magicgizmo.com is a community site, there are no staff writers but we have something much better - you. We rely on people like you to submit content to site and keep it a fresh and interesting place for magician's and magic collectors to exchange ideas and information.
There are a number of ways to submit content to the site:
A less formal way to contribute to the site, is through discussion forums. Contributions can be either asking a question (the answer will likely be of interest to others) or by answer a question or comment to an existing discussion. Here's how to join in:
- Register (don't worry it's free and easy)
- Log In - You can view forum postings but you can't make a submission unless you are logged in.
- Go to Forums in the left-hand Main Menu
- Click on the desired Forum topic you are interested in
- Click on Post New Topic to bring up the topic editor.
- Enter in your comment or question and click on SUBMIT when ready to go.
- Magicgizmo staff reserves the right to delete inappropriate posts, move them to different category, or convert them to articles on the site.
Most articles have the ability to add and look at user submitted comments. This is a great way to provide additional ideas and comments to submitted content. To submit a comment, do the following:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the article, you can also view existing comments here.
- Add in your comment and click SEND when complete.
Sell your extra or seldom used magic equipment or hunt for bargains. It's easy to post your own, free classified ads:
- Log-in to your account
- Select New Ad
- Select a category
- Enter the Required Information
- Don't Forget to Upload a Picture
Calendar / Events
Post the latest magical events from conventions, lectures, and shows:
- Click on the Calendar Menu Selection
- Click on Event Submission
- Select the Category.
- If your venue is not already listed, select New Venue
- Fill out the forms and click submit
In order to submit articles to magicgizmo.com, follow these steps:
- Log In - You won't see the menus unless you are logged-in (and have upgraded access.)
- Once you are logged-in, you will see the "User Menu" in the left hand side of each page.
- Select the "Submit Article" menu item
- For articles, you will be presented with a full content editor. We recommend that your compose your article in another tool such as a word processor and use the editor to do any final formatting. This way you can save your changes locally and then paste the content into the article editors before submitting to the site. Once your article, has been edited and is ready to submit, click the SAVE button.
- For all articles, they will need to be approved prior to them appearing on the site.
- The staff reserves the right to make changes to all submitted content.
Web links can be submitted in 2 ways. The link exchange method is the quickest and easiest and just requires that you place a link on your site first. Registered users can also suggest a web site but this method typically takes longer in getting the link up on the site.
Link to your favoriteand videos from other popular video sites. Please no amateur footage.
- Go to the Video section using the left side menu
- Click on Add Video
- Add in the link of the video
- Edit the description as appropriate
Quote this article on your site